Sunday, October 14, 2012

Don Tomas Coffee Brownies

Recently I was given the privilege of reviewing Don Tomas coffee. If you are not familiar with this coffee company, please take a moment and visit their website or Facebook page.

website  Don Tomas
Facebook Don-Tomas-Coffee-Company

I, like several of my Foodie Friends Friday group, was sent a bag of their Heritage blend coffee. I am not able to drink coffee due to health issues, however, my husband and sons are coffee connoisseurs. So they were very eager to try a new coffee.

We fix our coffee in a french press because my husband likes his coffee to walk down his throat vs. the normal drinking :-) ha seriously he loves a strong cup-o-joe.

This coffee won big reviews from all 3 guys and my future daughter-in-law. Smooth, rich, nice, no after taste, not bitter, were just a few of the comments.

I like to put coffee in brownies, I think it adds a richness to them. Which means, you know I had to bake a batch right away. Delicious and when added to my fresh milled flour they were doubly good.

Be sure to check out Don Tomas and give these brownies a try when you do.

Don Tomas Coffee Brownies

 pan
350 degree oven
20 minutes


1/2 cup butter, unsalted
1 cups sugar
1/3 cup brewed Don Tomas coffee
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 to 3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 cup flour (fresh milled hard red wheat berries)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt


Melt the butter, stir in the sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add the eggs one at a time and stir well. Add the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 8x8 or brownie pan and bake.


Enjoy







1 comment:

  1. These brownies sound really yummy! I can't wait to try out this recipe! Thanks for sharing them on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete