Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Chicken Tetrazzini and Broccoli Casserole

Last night we had 2 casseroles. yep, not one but two. It took all of about 15 minutes to throw together and both were put into the oven. 35 minutes later supper was done. How easy is that?

My broccoli casserole is a recipe from my friend Mary. She brought it to our house one night for a potluck. I had never eaten a broccoli casserole that I liked before and I loved Mary's. So I asked her for the recipe and it is the one I use. I have eaten several over the years, or tried, and they were ok but this one I really loved from the first bite.

My chicken tetrazzini casserole is an adaptation from a turkey version that a friend brought me after I had surgery many years ago. I left out a few things that she added and my family enjoys it better.

So let me share with you, these two great and easy recipes.



Chicken Tetrazzini

3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
1/2 lb thin whole grain spaghetti
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 to 1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 stick butter melted

Cook the chicken and reserve 1/2 broth/water to add to the casserole. You can cook the chicken in broth, remove and cook the noodles in the broth. Save 1/2 cup to add to the cream of chicken soup along with the spices and grated Parmesan cheese. Pour into a 13 x 9 casserole dish and top with bread crumbs, butter and cheddar cheese. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.



Broccoli Casserole

2 heads of broccoli, or 4 cups of florets
1 small onion
1 cup mayo (Dukes is the best)
1 can cream of chicken soup (you can use celery but I prefer the chicken)
2 eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 stick melted butter

In a food processor, blitz the broccoli and onion into a fine mixture. In a large bowl stir together the eggs, mayo, soup and cheese. Now mix the broccoli in with the soup mixture. Pour into a greased 9 x 9 square pan. top with bread crumbs and pour melted butter on top. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Mary uses Ritz crackers for her topping, which I do love but this time I tried the panko and really enjoyed that as well.  Also, she uses 4 cups of frozen broccoli.You decide.

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment