Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Almond Joyful Pie

Good morning all and what a lovely cool morning it is. Yesterday started out nice and breezy and turned nasty! Rain, cool wind, cloudy, dreary...just plain old yuck. I like my sunshine but not the heat and humidity. I am enjoying these few cool days as our weather man says we will jump back up into the mid-80's by Thursday. No wonder I have the sniffles, well that and the fall foliage that has my allergies in a titter. 

Since yesterday was a nasty day, I decided to bake. ha ha I know, you're laughing because I bake when it's 95 degrees if the notion strikes me. I did something different, a pie. I know, I am a bread and dessert baker and rarely is it a pie but this had been on my mind for sometime. I made some luscious candy last year, almond joy bites, and thought I'd do it in pie form. Oh am I ever so glad I did.

Two thumbs up and a five spatula salute!



Almond Joyful Pie

chocolate cookie crust (you can purchase one of crush up Oreo's and add some butter to make your own)
sliced almonds
candy chocolate melts (not bark or chips)

4 TBSP butter, softened
1 egg, beaten
1 TBSP flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
3/4 cup milk

Blend the butter and egg together, then add your flour, sugar and milk. Last add the coconut and stir well. 
Take your crust and sprinkle almond slices on the bottom and some candy pieces. 
Next pour your filling on top.
Bake this for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Your filling with be a nice golden color with a few brown bits.
When it has cooled off top it with almond slices and melted chocolate candy pieces.
Chill for 30 minutes and remove. If you leave it longer the chocolate will be too hard to make a nice pretty slice. Trust me!

Enjoy!