Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Truffles

Sunday was a truffles sort of day. I was having a creative and sweet tooth moment. Normally during the holidays there are several types of candy, cookies, bars, truffles and other goodies that are created in my kitchen. I wanted to try something new and why not use something I love. Nutella. Yes, that's right.

So...I created two different truffles. One was great and one was, well, okay. We will eat them because I just can't throw away food but I won't make them again. Now you might love them, but I didn't.

Cake Batter Truffles

a box of vanilla cake mix
OR combine the dry ingredients for a mix
2 tsp vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Mix these items to form a dough. Place it in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. When you remove it, make balls and chill again. Next dip them in chocolate. You choice of semi-sweet, dark or milk. I used 

1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 TBSP oil

Melt and mix these two items together and dip. Chill again and store in the fridge.

These were ok. Look good, smell good but taste is ok. Not a wow factor I was going for.



Next  came the Nutella truffles...
1 jar of Nutella
3 cups of crushed pretzels
Mix these, it will be dry, allow to chill for at least 30 minutes. Next wet your hands, trust me this helps. Scoop up a spoonful of mix and form into a ball. Chill again. Dip in chocolate, vanilla or both :-)
Keep stored in the fridge.
These are sweet and salty and of course tasty!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment