Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pretzel Bites- sweet or savory

I saw these on Pinterest one day and wrote down the recipe. Now a lot of those recipes I never seem to get around to, but one day I kept thinking I want something different. So I started surfing through my list of "recipes to try" which by the way gets longer by the day!
ah, found it! The pretzel bites. So off to the kitchen I went.

First I made bread dough in my bread machine. Just set it on dough and let'er go. You could use frozen bread dough as well. The original recipe called for pre-made frozen white bread dough. Which I do not buy so I just made my own.

Next you allow the dough to rise. Then cut if off into bite size pieces and drop in boiling water, toss them around for just about 45 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to pull them out and place them on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels to absorb the excess water.
They will puff up in the water, you want this.

After they have cooled place them on a greased cookie sheet and slide them into the oven. Set the temp to 375 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. The color should be nice and golden.

Now for the really fun part!
Dip them in melted butter and roll them in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. 1 1/2 cup sugar to 2 TBSP cinnamon.
OR
Parmesan cheese

We did both.

They are addictive and before you know it, they are all gone! We (my 20 yo son and I) did this and almost ate them all!! blush...but oh so good!

I hope you will give them a try and as always

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. This would be a great snack with a movie! Pinned it to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, be careful, they are addicting! I could not believe when I made them, we ate almost the whole batch...delicious.

      Delete