Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mini Corn Dogs

Yesterday while surfing around online, through blogs and on Pinterest, I saw some lovely corn dogs. No, not something I normally eat, but these looked really good. I thought it would be a nice lunch. Well, as I had not been to the store yet and did not have their ingredients, I created my own version.

Now after the first batch, I changed it up some and found a better way to do them than the first batch. I say batch because I made mini corn dogs and a lot of them.

For the first batch I placed a spoonful of the cornmeal mix in each mini muffin tin, sprayed with oil first, then placed a slice of hot dog on top. Thinking the muffin would rise and cover the hot dog. It did not. So they sort of look like eyes.


So for the next batch I took my all beef hot dogs and cut them into half inch or so chunks. I sprayed my mini muffin pan with oil and placed the hot dogs inside. I spooned the mix over the hot dog slices. This left a hole on the bottom.

THEN, slap forehead, batter, hot dog, batter. NOW we have it....I was tired can you tell?

These were tasty and the last batch I added cheese to the mix. NOT like you buy in the store or at a carnival but I will play around with the mix and am sure it will be different next time. I have a ton left over but those will get popped into the toaster over for lunches later.


1 cup white corn meal
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup almond milk (I don't use cows milk)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 package of all beef hot dogs

Enjoy

This picture is of the first batch, I got caught up trying different ways and forgot to take more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment