Tuesday, September 18, 2012

MIA

Thank you all for being so patient. I have been MIA since last week. There was a family emergency and I hopped on a train to hightail it to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on Friday and returned this morning at 3 a.m. Yes I am exhausted!
But I am also glad to be home and ready to concoct some fabulous recipes for you this week.
Last week I ended by fixing a quick and easy Cheeseburger salad. Yes, that's right. 

Cheeseburger Salad

1 lb ground beef
3 TBSP ketchup
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

 Cook these items in a fry pan and drain if necessary.

Slice, dice or tear up 2 heads of Romaine lettuce.
Dice 2 small tomatoes
1/2 cup cheddar blend shredded cheese
1 package of pre-cooked bacon diced

I layered the lettuce on a plate, topped with the meat mixture, sprinkled the top with cheese, tomatoes, bacon and Thousand Island dressing. To that we crushed Lays original chips on top! Can't have a cheeseburger without chips! It sounds weird but it was really good. My husband loved it, my 20 year old son really loved it, so that makes it a hit! any time I can get him to voluntarily eat veggies :-)

Friday I made a pot of Pasta E Fagioli Soup along with a loaf of Italian Herb. Then I climbed that train for an 18 hour ride! YES you did read that right. I think I have saddle sores! Oh goodness but thankfully everything worked out and I am home again to cook another meal and blog about it.

We had some fabulous food while there, so good in fact that we ate twice at the same restaurant. The restaurant and lounge are next to The Old Heidelberg Deli in Ft. Lauderdale. If you are in that area and like authentic German food or would like to try it. That is definitely the place. Having lived in Germany for three years, I can tell you, this place is a BIG hit with me! We did lots of sight seeing in our less than 48 hour stay and took care of business as well. Next time I hope it is a pleasure trip!

Check back tomorrow as I get back on track (haha train!) with a new recipe and post!

Enjoy
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment