Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kale Salad

Yeah I know, for a carnivore saying 'kale salad' does not invoke vision of deliciousness. However, this salad is very nice. I got the idea from Family Food Finds . Mine turned out different of course because I did not have all the ingredients and could not find others.
After improvising, it was still a beautiful salad and very good. My vegan sissy adored it!
Since it was such a hit, I did a repeat performance last night, but a little different. As I did not have the same ingredients as Thursday, I switched it up some.
Thursday night was sweet and crunchy, Friday night was fresh, tangy and spicy. Both were very good and devoured within minutes.
I do not have a picture of Thursday nights salad, as my sissy and her man are not used to living with a blogger. I was disappointed that I did not get a photo but did manage to sneak one in yesterday.
I hope even if you are not vegan or vegetarian that you will give this salad a try. It is packed with flavor and tons of vitamins/nutrients that we all need more of. Fresh, filling and low cal. Now who doesn't love that? Right.

Kale Salad

1/2 bunch of kale washed, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup white/yellow sweet corn, raw
2 Roma tomatoes diced
1/2 red onion diced
2 TBSP cilantro
1 TBSP parsley
2 limes juiced
1 TBSP ginger
1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
3 TBSP raw honey
dash of sea salt
1 peach diced
1/2 cup pineapple diced

Mix together all the wet and spice ingredients, chop all fruit and veggies, mix all together in a large bowl. Chill until ready to eat. The longer this sits the more the flavors marry.

Enjoy!

2nd Kale Salad

1/2 bunch of kale washed, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup raw salsa
1/2 cup white/yellow sweet corn, raw
2 Roma tomatoes diced
1 lemon juiced
3 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TBSP raw honey
2 TBSP grape seed oil
dash Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp organic red pepper flakes

Mix the wet ingredients, add in the spices, chop,dice and add the veggies. Mix well and chill. 

Enjoy!



linked up with Vegetarian Mamma for her gluten free fridays



6 comments:

  1. Dawn, that looks delicious! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/diy-home-decor-ideas.html
    Linked up with Debbiedoos link newbie party
    Dawn ~ Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love kale! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays recipe party! See you next Friday! Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW thanks, to my knowledge it will be the first 'tweet' about my blog! Exciting. This is a great salad, easy and very good as a side dish or main dish.

      Delete