Sunday, September 9, 2012

Italian Beef Sammies

Do you ever see something and say "oh I want to make that" then when you plan to make it, you can't find the link, recipe or even where you wrote it down?
No? hmmm must just be me.

So anyway, I saw a picture of a sandwich and thought it looked delicious. Problem, I have no idea where I saw it. I have combed the internet, Pinterest and Facebook. So I faked it. I added what I thought it would have had in it.

Guess what, it worked out great! No big surprise as I am the queen of throw together meals or so my family says.

Here is what I did.

Italian Beef Sammies

Jumbo hamburger buns, toasted
2 lbs beef roast
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup mild pepper rings
1 package Italian dressing mix

The roast went into the crock pot with the Worcestershire sauce. After 4 hours I shredded/cut the beef and added the peppers and seasoning mix. Placed the beef back in the pot and let it set for another 2 hours. Served it up on toasted buns.
Easy, tasty and filling. Serve with your favorite side, chips, beans or a salad.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment