Thursday, September 20, 2012

Garden salad side dish

It feels like forever since I sat down and wrote up an enter to my own blog, I guess that's what happens when you go out of town for a few days.

So anyway, tonight I will be fixing a chicken and wild rice casserole. You can read about it tomorrow. Right now I'm going to tell you all about our side dish for tonight. It is quick, easy and healthy!

How did I come up with it, easy, it's called cleaning out the fridge! LOL I realized that tomorrow is my shopping day and I still had several great looking veggies that I needed to use. So off I went to chop and mix. A beauty of color, my idea of tasting the rainbow. Forget those colorful candy snacks that are full of sugar, grab a bowl of this and enjoy!

Garden Salad side dish

1 cup sugar snap peas, cut in half
1 large cucumber diced
2 Roma tomatoes diced
1 sweet red bell pepper diced
1 sweet orange bell pepper diced
2 large green onions sliced, tops and bottoms
4 TBSP white rice wine vinegar
1-2 TBSP EVOO
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 lemon juiced

Dice and slice all the vegetables. Pour on the vinegar, oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle on the seasoning and salt. Toss it all and cover. Let it set in the fridge for a few hours and done!

You could use any vegetables you have on hand. That is the beauty of salad, it is what you make it.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment