Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Death By Oreos

Now let me ask you a question, do you love Oreos? Yes, then keep reading, if you are ehh on the whole Oreo debate, move on. These are for the die hard Oreo lover!!
This recipe I found on Just a Pinch website, a site I do dearly love! It was my addiction before Pinterest.

I have made these cupcakes dozens of times, and each time they get better and better, if that is possible.
Ingredients do matter, if you buy the cheap knock off brands, that works for somethings, but I have to say, if I spend the bucks and get the good stuff, these cupcakes are so good it'll make you slap yo' momma! Not really but almost!

1 pkg regular size Oreo
Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate Cake mix (I have tried them all and this one has the best flavor)
8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, room temp ( I use 4-6 oz)
8 TBSP no salt butter, room temp
3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract not flavoring
cupcake liners
1 pkg mini Oreo

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Prepare cake mix according to package (do not bake yet)
line muffin/cupcake tin with liners
Drop 1 large Oreo in each liner bottom
Take 1/2 of remaining Oreos and place in a food processor and pulse into a crumb mix.
Stir this into your cake batter. NOW fill each liner 3/4 with batter/oreo mix. Bake for 15 minutes.

While these are baking prepare frosting.
Cream together your cream cheese ( have begun using 1/2 of what the recipe calls for as my family is not as fond of cream cheese) and butter. After this has been creamed together, you will take the remaining half of the Oreos and again make a crumb mix. Add this to the frosting. I place the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and oreos in my food processor and blend until almost smooth. I like the extra chocolate flavor and color that this produces. The original recipe called for crushing them by hand and gently folding in after you have creamed the cc/ps/butter together. I have done this as well but prefer my way. I have also used flavored Oreos and used food coloring during holidays to change it up. They always taste great and are all eaten!

Once the cupcakes have baked and cooled, frost the cupcakes with Oreo frosting. 
For the 4th Oreo layer, top with a mini Oreo. Wa La Done!

Oreo on the bottom, in the mix, in the frosting and on top! YES Death By Oreo!!

Enjoy
Foodie Friends Friday

Featured at:
http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/cutest-cup-cakes.html