Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crock Pot Lasagna

I have been doing this for some time now, Crock Pot Lasagna. I found the recipe and idea from my friend/fellow blogger Brandi over at The Country Cook. I could not believe how easy and good it was. I have been doing this for a while so I have made some alterations to her recipe. This is quick and easy.

Here is how I do mine: Crock Pot Lasagna


1 pound ground beef
1 tsp garlic powder OR you could use fresh
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce (I use the chunky garden veggie) also I rinse the jar out and add that to the sauce, no waste
1/3 cup water
1/2 of a  container ricotta cheese (1 cup)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBSP parsley
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
lasagna noodles, uncooked

Cook the ground beef with the parsley and Italian seasoning with 1/3 cup of water. After the meat is done, add the spaghetti sauce. Remove from the heat and add in the Parmesan cheese and ricotta. Stir well until smooth.
I spray my crock pot with non stick spray or wipe the inside with olive oil, then place one large TBSP full of sauce in the bottom. Now start laying noodles, sauce, cheese, noodles, sauce ,cheese until you have filled the crock to 3/4 full or ran out of sauce whichever happens first. Now place the lid on top and cook on low for 2-4 hours.

I serve this with a lovely salad and fresh made bread. Bread Recipe

Enjoy!