Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cordon Bleu Orzo

After the less than stellar results of the Chicken Cordon Bleu pasta I made some time ago it kept bugging me. I hate to make something and it not be delicious. So I decided to try it again. This time a little different. 
The result? A very flavorful delicious meal. Easy as well. Another bonus. The true test, my husband loved it! Not liked, loved. Bingo!

Cordon Bleu Orzo

1/2 lb cured ham bits (from my local butcher)
2 large boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp chili powder

These items were cooked together in a large pot. Once the meat was done there was a generous amount of liquid/broth. I removed the meat and chopped/shredded it and placed it back into the pot with the broth left in.

1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup water
5/8 cup or 10 TBSP orzo

The above ingredients were added in with the meat and allowed to cook until the liquid was almost completely gone.

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

This was folded in and Wa La

Done ( a little extra cheese sprinkled on top)

Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. This looks really good. I love having some recipes that are easy. I am impressed that you have a real butcher! I didn't think there were many left out there! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in the country and there are actually several butchers in the area,within an hour there are about 10. Several even raise the animals, range free and butcher themselves.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! How about linking it in to Food on Friday: Ham? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great recipe R. Dawn! Thanks for posting with us for Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindy! It is a great easy recipe. I love being part of FFF!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a really yummy recipe! Love anything with ham on it. New follower here. Discovered your blog through Walking on Sunshine. Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby and welcome! Yes my husband and son are big ham eaters. I normally do not buy it or cook it but really wanted to try something different. I think it's a hit. Love Lois over at Walking On Sunshine! She and Tracy are the ones who contacted me about FFF! So glad they did.
      Dawn

      Delete