Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes

OH MY FREAKIN' WORD........ ok, I don't normally do that, but holy mackerel batman. This recipe is so good, as my husband said "good gosh woman you almost made me cuss" oh yeah, that good!

Yesterday morning I was reading through my blogger and checking in with my foodie pals when the title caught my eye. Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes, I thought you have got to be kidding me right? OH my, so I hopped over to Bridget's blog to finish reading. I was in the process of making my menu for the week and shopping list. This went straight to the top.

Now mind you, I knew I'd be home alone for dinner but thought ehh if it's not good not one will know and if it is, I have lunch for the next few days.

Good? NO, great? No. FABulous YES.

Our oldest son came home and said "oh man, wow, yum...I may have to have another" Two thumbs up and five gold stars!

I of course did not fix it exactly, because we know I don't follow instructions well, but I was close. Click HERE to read Bridget's blog and see her recipe. I have done several of her's before. She writes What's cooking in the burbs blog. Great ideas, good food and drooling food pictures.

Thank you Bridget for this one!

Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes

1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
1/4 cup water (she used broth)
1 onion soup packet
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup (I used 5 TBSP)
2 tbsp mustard ( she used Dijon)I used 4 TBSP whole grain mustard
1 garlic clove, minced (forgot to add so I omitted it)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used a Mexican shred blend)
1 cup cooked crumbled bacon ( bacon bits will work too)I used precooked bacon crumbled up

Brown and drain ground beef. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. Serve on bakery rolls or hamburger buns. Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese if desired. Enjoy! I toasted the buns first, sprinkled a little extra cheese and enjoyed this with a small salad and side of green grapes.


Enjoy!