Sunday, September 30, 2012

Asian Sweet and Spicy Meatballs

This is my 100th post!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!At least for me, I do hope you are enjoying this blog as much as I am, now on to the topic at hand. Meatballs.

Asian sweet and spicy meatballs was supper on Friday night. OK, I'm not sure if Asians eat meatballs but that's what I'm calling them. Hope that is not offensive to anyone but due to the ingredients, that is how I came up with the name.
I had 2 packages of meatballs and was not sure why I even bought them. I searched around and saw a recipe I liked (link listed below)but did not have all the exact items. So I improvised. It's what I do best.

It was a short dinner with my sons girlfriend, her mom and brother, because afterwards they were going on the local "haunted trail" to which her mom and I would 'sit out' and laugh as we listened to everyone screaming!

You could hear thumping, creaking, door slams, screaming, and more screaming, chain saws and all sorts of things that go bump in the night! We had a good laugh, they had a good 'jolt' because the each swear they weren't scared! Either way, it was a good night.


Asian Sweet and Spicy Meatballs

2 bags of meatballs (original flavor or turkey- I used one of each)
1 tsp ginger
3/4 cup grape jelly
1/4 cup sweet hot chili sauce
3 TBSP soy sauce

Mix the ingredients well and coat the meatballs. Pour into a 13x9 pan and bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 30 at 350 degrees. Serve with rice and a salad. Simple, quick,easy and very tasty!

Enjoy

Sorry no picture this time, everyone was in a hurry to eat and the additional people threw me off my routine...blush

original idea came from:
Lisa's Dinner Time Dish