Monday, August 27, 2012

Shrimp Ceviche

This was totally new for me and outside the box. My husband and I watch Rick Bayless' show called "Mexico one plate at a time". He is a chef with two restaurants in the Chicago area. We really enjoy it.

He did a shrimp ceviche one day and my husband has talked about it every since.

I decided to step out and make my version, mainly because I don't follow instructions well and I did not have everything he used.

Here ya go!

Shrimp Ceviche

1 lb of shrimp
1/2 cup lime juice ( I used 3 limes)
4 Roma tomatoes
4 tomatillos
1 TBSP cilantro
1/4 - 1/2 large red onion chopped
1 tsp garlic
2 banana peppers diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
1 Habanero chopped (or not if you can't do heat)

Wash all ingredients first. In a large bowl, juice the limes, add the cilantro and garlic. Dice all your peppers and onion, add to the bowl. I put my tomatillos and tomatoes in the food processor for a fine chop. Peel the shrimp and add those. Stir all ingredients well, cover and chill for 3 hours. The lime juice will cook the shrimp.
My husband enjoyed it. He said "it has a nice flavor pallet" Guess I did a good job.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment