Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad

Oh my, it's good to be home! I had a great visit with my mom, loved spending time with my grand-daughter, saw a very precious friend and my dad is doing much better, but there is no place like home. Your own bed, husband, kids, fur babies...and getting back to my blog! I was having withdrawals!!

I also want to say THANK YOU to those who have been praying for my dad. He is still in the hospital but doing much better and the surgery was a success.

Now on to the recipe. I made this before I left but did not get a chance to write about it. This is a recipe I found over 10 years ago in a Betty Crocker cookbook, I think it was Low Fat Low Cholesterol Cooking.

It is really tasty, easy and is wonderful on a hot evening, at a barbecue, potluck, luncheon and everything in between. I hope you'll give it a try and love it as much as I do. I normally double the sauce because after it chills it can be a little dry for me. You can make it as directed and if you want, mix up some more sauce and pour on later.


Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad

3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
cook as directed on box, drain and cool
1 1/2 cups cooked diced chicken
1 cup thin sliced carrots
1 cup shredded bok choy leaves
3/4 cup chopped bok choy stems
1 TBSP chopped seeded red chili pepper (I leave this out)
4 green onions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
Ginger Sauce

While your pasta is cooking, prepare all the other ingredients. This is a great dish for using leftover chicken but if you don't have any you just cook up a nice size breast or two and dice it up. Once the ingredients are ready, toss it all into a large bowl and pour the dressing over it. Mix well and chill for a few hours. This can be served once it is made or chilled.

Ginger sauce

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup honey
1 TBSP oil
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp fine chopped ginger, OR 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder 
1 tsp sesame oil
Mix well and pour over the pasta salad.


  1. Homemade Chinese is fun! Thanks Dawn for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

  2. You really make it seem so easy together with
    your presentation however I in finding this matter to be really something that I believe I would by
    no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very extensive for me.
    I am having a look ahead for your subsequent publish, I'll try to get the cling of it!

    Also visit my website Finanzberater Mainz