Friday, August 3, 2012

Saffron Chicken Salad

Can you believe today is Friday already? This week just flew by, but then again this whole year has been on fast forward it seems.


Last night was odd, there was no one home for supper except for me. We had horrible storms and lightening hit the building where my husband works. No one was hurt but it reeked havoc on the computers, phones, security, well anything electrical. Which meant he could not leave until that was all up and running again.


I was in the mood for a salad but had taken out some chicken tenders, so I decided to do something I had not done in awhile but is a favorite of mine. I sauteed those tenders and put them on a lovely salad. ah, it hit the spot.
Hope you all have a lovely Friday and fabulous weekend.


Be sure to stop by my Foodie Friends Friday page to see what all the excitement is all about!


Saffron Chicken Salad


1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
saffron
romaine lettuce, chopped
cucumber, peeled and sliced
yellow bell pepper,diced
boiled egg, chopped
shredded cheese
sweet green garden peas
mild sweet pepper rings
green onions, sliced
grape tomatoes sliced in half


Coat the chicken with saffron and saute the chicken in a little oil, then dice it up and place on top of salad. Chop all other ingredients and place in a large bowl, toss and serve.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment