Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pizza Pasta Salad

If there is one thing we love around here, beside chocolate, it's pizza. So last week when I was combing through the old dusty memory banks, I vaguely remembered fixing a pizza pasta salad. This led me on a search through my recipes and low and behold I found it.

This afternoon after returning from a few errands in town, I decided to throw this together for tonight. It is very hot outside and this cool dinner with lots of wonderful fillings will hit the spot. Besides, I've already baked cookies and chocolate coconut bars and the kitchen is hot enough.

Give this a try and change up the ingredients if you like. Add onions, bell peppers, fresh mozzarella balls or sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil. Whatever suits your fancy I say. This is what I did for tonight.

Pizza Pasta Salad

3 cups (dry) penne pasta, cooked drained and cooled
1 cup diced tomatoes
12 slices of hard salami chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup diced olives
1/4 cup sweet mild pepper rings with onions
1/2-3/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing

Cook the pasta, drain and allow it to cool off. Dice your tomatoes and any other veggies you decide to toss in. Chop the salami and add all the ingredients into a large bowl. Toss well so everything is coated with the dressing.
Place in the fridge or serve immediately if you prefer a room temp salad.

Makes 10 - 1 cup servings

Enjoy!
This recipe was featured on Foodie Friends Friday on August 24, 2012