Thursday, August 9, 2012

Molasses Cookies

Do you have a favorite cookie? I don't, because I have never met a cookie I didn't like.
I have a fondness for some, others I'm ok with and some I just absolutely am in love with. Shameless I know.
Many years ago my husband asked me about molasses cookies. I said what about'em. I had never had one, imagine!
So after much research, trial and error. We came up with a killer recipe or so we thought. Only to find it in other places as well later down the road. Oh well, we love it and I have several friends who beg me, yes beg, for me to bake them some.
So here ya go folks. My molasses recipe.

Molasses Cookies

1 cup white sugar
1 stick, soft, butter unsalted
1/4 cup Golding Farms Natural Molasses
1 egg

In a large bowl, combine these ingredients and blend well.

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Slowly stir in these ingredients.

Chill the dough for easier handling.

Lightly grease a cookie sheet or two if you have them.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees

Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.

Place them on the cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and bake for 12 minutes. The edges will be set and the center soft. If you like softer cookies, go 10 minutes, any longer than 12 and you will be eating bricks when they have completely cooled off. We eat ours hot.

Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from the sheet.
This makes roughly 3 dozen. I normally mix up a second batch of dough while the first batch is baking. You can double the recipe and make on large dough, but I think it taste better when I do it separately.

Enjoy!!




This recipe is featured on FFF August 10th, 2012...recipe # 38