Monday, August 27, 2012

Mediterranean Salad

I don't know about you, but I have seen many different versions of a Mediterranean salad on blogs, in cookbooks and on Pinterest. I even copied one down. However, when I went to make it tonight I decided to change it up and make it my own. Why? Because that's what I do.

Oh it was so good, clean and refreshing. I hope you try it as your next side dish.


Mediterranean Salad

1 long hot house cucumber or English cuke, sliced
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 TBSP parsley
4 TBSP olives,sliced
1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 tsp garlic
2 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 TBSP olive oil
1 lemon juiced
fresh cracked pepper to taste

Slice, dice and chop all the ingredients, put them together in a bowl, mix well and chill. Serve as a side dish or a great lunch!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment