Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

Yesterday started off raining and really put me in the mood to bake, however, there were things to do and places to go. Today started off dreary and little to do, shock I know, so I jumped right at it.

Cinnamon roll cake, this is not for the faint of heart, diabetics or dieters. Just a word of warning, this cake would do Paula Deen proud as there are 3, yes 3, sticks of butter in this bad boy. That is why this is the third time in a year that I have made it. It is a treat and I was feeling like I needed one.

It is moist, sweet but not too sweet, cinnamony and delicious. I do hope you will try it. A friend sent me the recipe sometime last year and she got it off of a site called Cookin' Up North, at least I think that was it.

My son and I enjoyed this very much this morning but I was given orders to make sure we had some for dessert tonight for the rest of the family!  ha ha

Cinnamon Roll Cake

Cake

3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 TBSP sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter melted

Mix all of these ingredients except for the butter. After they are mixed, pour in the melted butter. Pour this mixture into a 13 x 9 greased baking dish.

Topping/filling

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP flour
2 TBSP cinnamon

Blend these ingredients well and place by the spoonful around the top of the cake batter. Swirl with a knife.

Bake at 350 degrees for 32 minutes

Glaze

2 cups powdered sugar
5 TBSP water
Mix well and pour over cake after it has cooled slightly, 10 minutes or so. Cut and serve.

Enjoy!!