Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chocolate Coconut Bars

I saw these a week ago over at and KNEW I had to make them.
Of course I did not follow the recipe, I rarely do. You can follow what I did, recipe below, or go to her blog and check it out.

I have not tasted them as of yet, but they are made and look/smell fantastic.

I'll come back later and tell you how they taste.

Coconut Chocolate Bars

1 1/2 c butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup baking cocoa
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup caramel topping
1/2 cup chocolate chips

350 degrees in a 13 x 9 pan, 25 minutes

Beat the butter and sugar until smooth.
Slowly add the flour and then cocoa to form a dough.
Press into a pan
Bake for 25 minutes
Top with caramel
chocolate chips

Allow to cool, cut and serve



  1. I'm going to have to try these! Not only do they look yummy and easy to make, but they have caramel and coconut (two of my favorite things)!!

    1. Be careful on your baking time as they will cool very hard if over baked. But you are "baker" Becky so you most likely know this. :-) They are tasty