Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies

A few weeks ago I won a bag of Gypsy Girl Granola , this was the prize for the top 3 recipes on our weekly Foodie Friends Friday. I was very excited, that is until it arrived. Hot Mama's Chipotle and Jalapeno Blend...oh dear. I can't eat hot and my husband doesn't eat granola. Now what do I do with it???
My son, getting his smarts from his momma (wink wink) says "make chocolate chip cookies" 
BINGO

So, this morning I set out to do just that. Let me tell ya, I decided to use milk chocolate chips because the chocolate is smooth, creamy and the fat will help combat the heat in the granola.I must say, the granola smells FANtastic, so I had to have a little taste. It is really good and vegan! Not that I am but I once was and I do, sometimes, try to be a healthy eater/cooker. I said sometimes so you can stop laughing! ha ha

Here it is...my cookies. They are delicious, light, crispy with a little hint of pepper bite to them. My son has already given them two thumbs up.

Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies 

1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
1 egg
1 1/2 cup Gypsy Girl Granola
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Take the first 4 ingredients and blend them well in a bowl and set aside.
Next take the two sugars, butter and egg. Mix until nice and creamy.
Blend the two mixtures together.
Now add the granola and chips.
Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees F
Remove to  a rack and allow to cool, if you can resist.
3-4 dozen cookies depending on the size you make.

Enjoy!