Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Breakfast

Ah yes, breakfast for dinner. Who does this? We do! Sometimes it is a breakfast casserole or pancakes, muffins and fruit, or a wonderful garden omelet. I might go all out and thrill my husband by cooking bacon, eggs, grits, toast and hash-browns. You never know because I have been known to do it all.

Last night was a wonderful breakfast casserole, made with fresh eggs from my hens and lots of wonderful veggies. I must say, there was a BIG difference in the taste using fresh eggs. If you have never eaten a farm fresh no hormone or chemical added egg, you haven't had a good egg! Now to go with that was home made biscuits and sausage gravy. Yes I know it was not a healthy meal per say but it was "oh so good" as Mr. Food used to say. 

Tonight we are having crock pot cube steak with gravy, rice and green beans. If I can get off the computer we might have a lemon zucchini loaf or molasses cookies as dessert.

You know how it is,right? You get on line to check your email, then your Facebook and you see a recipe, you follow the link and the next thing you know you are lost in the wonderful world of Pinterest and it has been several hours! YIKES...oh no, not you you say? Poo Poo I say. I bet you do, well if not, I'm not above admitting I'm a Pinterest addict. It inspires me, gives me new avenues to explore and brings a feast before my eyes of color, food, places and things...ok maybe that's a little much for you, but really, it's true.

So,off I go now to bake, do dishes (again) and maybe read some, who knows.

Enjoy!!

Lemon Zucchini Loaf

Breakfast Casserole