Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Taco, Taco, oh, how I love you!

Tacos! I love tacos, soft, crunchy, homemade, chicken, beef, veggie, I don't care. I just love tacos!


Last night I had my mind wrapped around a wonderful taco salad, but then to my surprise...someone had eaten the chips. sigh...


OK, no problem, readjust my mind and plan. Tacos, yes, I had flour tortillas so it was no big deal.


I do mine a different way every time. I don't know, it is just the randomness in me I guess, ADD or something. Sometimes I used canned tomatoes, or fresh, salsa or not, beans or re-fried beans, saffron rice or no rice.


Here is the result of last night.


Soft Tacos


4 small ears of corn (white and fresh out of the garden)
cut off the cob
1 large tomato diced
1 lb lean ground beef
taco seasoning 2 TBSP
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 cup finely shredded fiesta blend cheese
romaine lettuce julianned
4 green onions thinly sliced
1/3 cup water ( I add the water because it helps break the meat down into a more fine mixture)


First pour the water into a skillet, add the taco seasoning  and chop with Pampered Chef Mix 'n Chop . I LOVE this tool, I use it almost everyday. Add in the green onions and cook till done. Rinse and drain the beans, add to the skillet along with the corn. Stir and simmer until heated through.
Serve in a soft tortilla shell with cheese, lettuce and tomato. I topped it off with a little ranch dressing,  I don't like sour cream by itself. You can add guacamole, sour cream, salsa or whatever else you may like.
Ta Da = Done


Enjoy!