Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sweet Potatoes and Apples

Having a sweet tooth I am either baking or drooling over some fabulous dessert. A few nights ago I wanted something sweet, it was close to pay day and I honestly was running unusually low. So I had to improvise.
Looking around I saw there were some sweet potatoes that needed using up as well. hmmm that got me to thinking.
Now as the temperature was over 100, I really did not want to crank up the oven, so I decided to try my crock pot. Well, let me tell you, it worked out wonderfully.


Sweet Potatoes and Apples


4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 granny smith apples, cored and sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 TBSP butter
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 tsp Apple pie spice


Mix it all and toss it into the crock pot. set on high for 2-3 hours and that's it. I did stir it a few times during the cooking process.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment