Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce

Who out there besides me fixes their own spaghetti sauce? I do not always for lots of reasons. Sometimes it is a last minute decision to have spaghetti or I just have too much to do that day. I do have a favorite store bought jar sauce, that is the Prego Chunky Garden. I love it. So if you see in one of my recipes where it indicates using a jar sauce, that is what I used.


Now back to the sauce. I never fix it the same way twice. So this recipe is not exact and open for changes. I normally use what I have available.


This time I had squash, carrots, onions, zucchini and sweet bell peppers out of the garden that needed using up. 


I toss all the veggies, washed and cut into chunks into my food processor, blitz it all up and then added 2 jars of homemade canned tomatoes. All of this went into my favorite Cuisinart pot. Added to this was 2 TBSP each of garlic, basil, oregano, paprika and 2 tsp of salt and pepper. I cooked 1 pound of lean ground beef with 1/3 cup of water and 1 TBSP of Italian seasoning. All of this was allowed to simmer for an hour and served over thin spaghetti noodles.




No comments:

Post a Comment