Friday, July 13, 2012

New Territory

I am venturing into new territory. I am attempting to participate in a food blog party.


Blog Party

This event is put on every Friday by


Walking On Sunshine   found online and on Facebook: Walking On Sunshine Facebook


Other pages participating are Cooking From a SAHM
Dawn at DJs Sugar Shack
And a list of others

I get to submit a recipe, photo and link to my blog. How cool is that. Everyone that sees Walking on Sunshine's blog or Foodie Friday Link Party on Facebook can see my recipe and follow it to my page. This is very exciting!
However, I have no idea if I'm doing it right! ha-ha


My recipe submitted is: Sock It To Me cake




Sock It To Me Cake

3/4 cup softened butter, unsalted
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder (I use the kind without aluminum)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup all natural applesauce (I use this instead of oil)
1/4 cup water

Cream your eggs and butter, then slowly add the sour cream, applesauce, water, vanilla. Once this is done, sift together the dry ingredients and add into the creamed mix. Reserve 2 TBSP of the dry mix for the filling.

You should prepare a bundt cake pan, spray with baking spray or grease and flour the pan well. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.


Filling
2 TBSP dry cake mix
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans

Pour 2/3 of the mix into the bundt. Add in your filling on top of the batter. Now finish pouring the batter on top of  the filling.

Bake for 45-55 minutes depending on your oven.

Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove and cool on a rack.

Glaze the cake with : 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 TBSP milk mixed. Pour over cake.




So bear with me as I learn these things.


Please check out my foodie friends blogs as they are fabulous!
And as always

Enjoy!
~Dawn~