Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday Blues as in berries!

Oh yes, the Monday blue's. You know the feeling, starting another work week, chores from the weekend, home from vacation and back to reality...my Monday blue's consist of everyone else leaving for work and me being home alone. Not that I mind really, I get everything done with no one in the way, I upload pictures, edit and write without feeling guilty for not "being" there for someone but at the same time it is lonely. Do you get that? eh it may just be me.


So to combat my blue's, I made my own version of Bojangles Bo Berry biscuits. Let me tell ya, WOW were they good!






Monday Blue Biscuits


3 cups Bisquick or baking mix
1 cup + 2 TBSP milk
1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
2 TBSP sugar


Once you have these items out, set your oven to 400 degrees, put 2 TBSP of butter into a cast iron skillet and place it in the oven.


Mix the baking mix and sugar, then add milk. Stir just until it is all blended, don't over mix it. Now fold in the blueberries. Let this sit for about 5 minutes.


Now that you have your mix, it should be loose but not runny, pour it into the hot pan. Spread it out and place into the oven for 20 minutes. It will come out all nice and golden brown.


Mix 1 TBSP of milk into 1 cup of powered sugar and pour on top of the biscuit.


Cut and serve while hot!


Enjoy!!



For supper last night I was not expecting anyone to be here until late. Well, wouldn't ya know it, EVERYONE showed up! ha ha SO...since I had not prepared anything, it was our go to meal that was fixed. Chicken and noodles, however, I did change it a bit. I added 2 TBSP of heavy cream, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/8 celery seed, 12 oz of homemade chicken stock. WOW I think I will keep it this way. It was so rich, creamy and delicious. My husband said "hey what did you do different?" Whatever it is, leave it alone"
So, there ya go.
This recipe is featured on:
http://wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com/2012/07/foodie-friends-linky-party-5.html


Tonight, Tuesday, I am feeling fish tacos, but the boys are wanting Bacon Ranch Chicken pasta. hmmm who will win? Stayed tuned to find out!