Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Korean Beef/Bagogi

This recipe is out of a church cookbook from years ago. The lady's daughter used to babysit for me at times. They had been stationed in Korea and this was her adaptation of the original.
My adaptation of her version is to fix it in the crock pot instead of stir fry. Now the reason I do this is, one, I no longer have a wok and two my husband can not eat steak unless it is tender.
I love this recipe and had not fixed it for probably ten years. I know, you're thinking, how can you love something and go that long without cooking it? Well, easy, I am ALWAYS looking at and trying new recipes, old ones get lost in the shuffle and we get burned out on certain things. So we go through cycles of what we eat. My husband may eat tuna everyday for lunch for a month and then not again for six. Are we the only ones who do this? Come on, someone out there has to be doing this besides us...right?


So, anyway, I was surfing through some old recipes and found this one. I said "OH MAN, I haven't fixed this in years" a must have this next week. SO , here ya go!


Korean Beef/Bagogi


2 lbs of beef,roast or steak cut into thin strips
1 Asian pear grated
3 green onions sliced
4 cloves of garlic
1 TBSP sesame seeds
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp pepper
2 TBSP sesame oil
1 cup baby carrots sliced


Originally it  called for making a marinade, soaking the meat for 4 hours and then stir fry ingredients.
I mixed it all and poured it into my crock pot. set on high for 4 hours and served over rice.


Enjoy!