Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July, really?

OMGosh! Are you kidding me? July, wow where has this year gone? It is hard to believe that 2012 is half over.

So, with it being July and tomorrow the 4th, what are your plans? Cooking out, going to watch fireworks, visiting friends, family, vacation?

For me, the boys are gone, my husband will be working and I will most likely be doing the same thing I am now, editing photos and writing recipes for the blog. Not complaining mind you, I love this, but a vacation would be lovely, hint hint if you are reading this darling dear.

OK, so I have been busy the past few days, reading recipes, trying new ones, fixing our old favorites, photo editing and thinking of what to put up next.

Saturday morning consisted of Snickerdoodle muffins. Have you had these? Yum yum

Snickerdoodle Muffins

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 c oats
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
4 TBSP butter, room temp/soft
1 tsp vanilla 
1 c milk
1tsp cinnamon

topping
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c sugar
Mixed together and set aside.

Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside. Mix the egg, butter, vanilla, and milk. Add the dry into the wet and mix well.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes
When the muffins come out, brush them with a little water and sprinkle the top on while hot.

I use a mini muffin tin and it takes less time than if you make full size muffins. In this batch I sprinkled the topping on and baked them, the top turned out nice and caramel in color and crunchy. I like this texture but that is me.


2 comments:

  1. I've made these before, love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really easy to put together and so delicious! Thanks for sharing on FFF!

    ReplyDelete