Friday, July 6, 2012

Fruit Salad

Many years ago I was introduced to this recipe at a ladies luncheon. I loved it and could not get enough. Sweet, fresh, fruit salad on a hot summer day, what more could you ask for? My whole family loves this salad. I have made it numerous times for luncheons, potlucks and I always return home with an empty bowl.


I normally make it the way I had it so many years ago, but this morning I thought I would change it up.


The result, as good as my original version.


Fruit Salad


1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 can chunk pineapple
fruit - depends on what you like
1 small can mandarin orange slices
bunch of white grapes cut in half
2 bananas sliced
1 apple diced


This is my normal recipe.


Today's version


2 kiwi sliced
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced
1 apple diced (Fuji)
1 can chunk pineapple
2 dark plums diced


Drain the pineapple and oranges if using them, mix the juice with the pudding. Dice all your fruit and add to the pudding. Stir well. Keep in the fridge.


Enjoy!


Can it get any simpler?

No comments:

Post a Comment