Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken

Terrific Tuesday morning! Well, at least that is what I'm trying to tell myself. For you see, I am not feeling so great. I have Crohn's, Fibromyalgia and Lupus just to name a few. Today is a high pain day so forgive me if I ramble or don't make sense. I'll come back later and edit :-)


Last night was night of fresh and easy. Fresh out of the garden corn, squash and zucchini. Easy, crock pot meal.


For the corn I boiled a pot of water and poured it over the corn in a stainless steel pot, covered it and let it sit. I read somewhere that this prevents over cooking. It works great, second time I've done it. Perfect corn!


For the squash and zucchini I used my Pampered Chef julianne peeler. It is old but still works great. So I julianned the vegetables and thinly sliced an onion. These were all thrown into a skillet with a tablespoon or so of grape-seed oil and fresh cracked pepper. Sauteed up and done, easy peasy.






Last the chicken, that was started hours before we ate.






Crock Pot Lemon Chicken


1 whole chicken cut up
1 package Italian dry dressing mix
2 TBSP butter
2 lemons, juiced


Place the butter in the bottom of the crock pot. Set your heat on high for 4-6 hours. Next place the chicken, sprinkle the seasoning on top and squirt the juice over the chicken. Place the lid on and let it set. Wonderful flavor and aroma!


How easy does it get? 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment