Saturday, July 7, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken a la Criolla

Last nights dinner was easy and delicious. I know, I say that a lot but it is true. How many of you are familiar with skinnytaste , if you are not, you definitely want to check it out.
You may be one of the minority that does not need to loose weight, but for those of us trying to keep our fat and calories down but taste up. Give this website a try.
I have made a dish similar to this before that I call Mediterranean Chicken, but mine has different spices.
If you follow Weight Watchers this is a 5 point dish, 9 if you include the rice. I have no idea what that means as  I do not do WW but many people do and this will help you decide what to look at and so on.


Crock Pot Chicken a la Criolla


10 boneless skinless things = 2 lbs chicken
1 small onion diced
1 clove garlic crushed OR 1 tsp garlic powder
1 bell pepper chopped (I used red)
4 plum tomatoes diced ( I used a can of petite diced because I had no plum)
2 TBSP pitted Spanish olives plus 1 TBSP brine
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup cilantro OR 1 tsp dried
Place the ingredients into a crock pot and stir well. Cook on high for 4 hours and serve over rice.


All the boys and my husband enjoyed this meal. I served it with a salad and fresh baked bread.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment