Thursday, July 19, 2012

Crispy Fried Shrimp with spicy Asian sauce

So, what caught your attention the most? Crispy fried shrimp or spicy Asian sauce? For me it was the crispy fried shrimp and then for my husband it was the sauce.


Let me tell you what, these little buggers are light, crispy, spicy and delightful! Each bite and your taste buds do a happy dance.


I saw the recipe on Pinterest and followed it to the original website. I did change the amounts for the sauce due to tasting and thinking for me it needed some adjustments, but otherwise I followed the recipe. I also used more shrimp than the recipe called for because I have 3 adult males in the house who LOVE to eat and just will not be satisfied with a 'few' bites of food. They must have a 'plateful'.


My husband said, "What is in this sauce?" I said I don't think you want to know, because for me (I am not a mayo person) it sounded gross. He laughed and said "I don't care what it is, it taste so good I could take a bath in it." LOL he is so funny sometimes! He kept eating and saying "man these are good". When the boys came home, the devoured the entire plate! There should have been enough for 4 people, not 2! Oh well, at least I know they enjoyed it.


If you try this recipe, or any of my others, please come back and comment. I'd love to know if you loved it, liked it, will make it again...Thanks!


This is the link for the original recipe. Below is what I used.


Crispy Fried Shrimp with Spicy Asian Chili Sauce

Crispy Fried Shrimp with Spicy Asian Sauce
Sauce
1/2 cup Duke's Mayo
1/2 cup sweet n' spicy chili sauce
2 tsp honey


Salad and baked potato as our sides


Shrimp
oil for frying
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
2 lb shrimp, medium size


Mix the sauce and set it aside.
Beat the egg in a bowl
Mix flour, cornstarch and pepper in a bowl/plate
Dip the shrimp in the flour, then egg, then flour and fry.
Drain on a paper towel.
Toss the shrimp in the sauce and serve.


Enjoy!


http://wifeofthecolonel.blogspot.com/2012/07/foodie-friends-linky-party-5.html
This recipe is featured on ^