Friday, July 6, 2012

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta

Happy Friday!


Last night's supper was a huge hit and I'd like to thank cassiecraves.blogspot.com for the recipe. My husband, middle son, his girlfriend and I enjoyed it. It was easy, quick and super delicious.


Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta


1 lb short/small pasta (I used med. shells because it was what I had)
6 strips of bacon, diced
1 TBSP butter
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced (I used 6 chicken tenders)
2 TBSP flour
1 package ranch dressing mix
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I used 1 1/2 c of Mexican blend)
salt and pepper to taste.


Cook the pasta while you prepare the bacon and chicken. Fry the bacon, cook the chicken in the bacon fat with butter. (I know I know, but I used precooked bacon and cooked the chicken in 3 TBSP of butter instead. This cut down on the fat)
Stir in the flour and ranch dressing mix. Slowly stir in the milk and allow to thicken.
Add your cheese and bacon. Allow the cheese to melt and lastly add the pasta.
Her recipe calls for using half the bacon in the dish and the other half as a topper, I dumped it all in.


6 servings


Enjoy!

2 comments: