Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Portuguese Sweet Bread

I don't know about you, but our family LOVES King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, so I have been on the lookout for a recipe that would do the store bought version justice. Let me say, I'm still trying recipes. This is one I found and thought was blog worthy.
This bread smells wonderful, taste sweet but not too sweet and is soft inside with a nice crust.
This was made in my bread machine and you could do it the old fashioned way as well. I just chose to use my machine because there were many other things going on, certainly you can relate.

Portuguese Sweet Bread

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp salt

Mix these ingredients well in a medium bowl and set aside.

In your bread machine add the liquid ingredients first. (that is how my machine recommends it be done)

1/3 cup warm evaporated milk
1/3 cup pineapple juice (room temp)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract
2 TBSP butter melted
1 egg beaten

Mix the wet ingredients together and pour into the machine. Once the wet ingredients are in, add the dry and make a well, now add:

3 tsp yeast

Set your machine to either dough and then bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes OR set the machine to "sweet" bread and "light" crust.


No comments:

Post a Comment