Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pineapple Chicken

This is an old favorite. I will give you the recipe as it is in the church cookbook from many years ago. However, I will note my own changes. Cause ya'll know by now I don't stick to the written recipe, not even my own.


Pineapple Chicken


2 chicken breast, skinned , debone and cut into strips (I buy the frozen bags of boneless skinless breast strips at Aldi, much easier)
2 TBSP flour (however much you need to cover the amount of strips you use)
salt (I do not add salt as there is enough in the soy sauce)
pepper
oil
1 - 20oz can of chunk pineapple (reserve juice)
2 TBSP soy sauce (low sodium)
1 TBSP cornstarch (I just use the left over flour)
1 tsp vinegar (most of the time I forget to add this)


Roll your strips in the flour, season with salt and pepper, Saute in oil until done. Add pineapple and cook another 5 minutes. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Allow to thicken and serve over rice.


Now I cut my chicken into bite size pieces,also at times I add pea pods, broccoli or thinly sliced carrots. Either way you choose, it is a big hit. I like to use Basmati rice as it is flavorful all on its own and adds a nice extra to the dish. If you choose to cook it as the recipe suggest, serve with broccoli or a nice salad.


This is cooked in one of my many favorite pans! My Cuisinart pan. I do dearly love to cook in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment