Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Today while surfing through the news feed on Facebook I stumbled across this recipe that just SCREAMED JESSE. My son loves pizza and anything that remotely resembles pizza.

I looked and found that all the ingredients were present and accounted for. So off to the kitchen I went to bake up this tasty little treats.

Well, like I've mentioned before. I don't follow directions well. I added something to the mix and also made my own pizza dipping sauce as I did not have a jar version, besides this way I control the amount of sodium and spice.

This is not the kind of thing I do everyday, as most days we eat leftovers for lunch or I have a salad.

But boy am I glad I did.

Here is the original recipe and in parenthesis will be my changes. I call mine Pepperoni Bacon Pizza Poppers. Tasty little morsels if I do say so myself.


Pepperoni Pizza Puffs (Pepperoni Bacon Pizza Poppers)

3/4 cup all purpose flour               (Same)
3/4 tsp baking powder                  (Same)
1 TBSP Italian seasoning               (Same plus 2 tsp dried parsley, 1 tsp garlic)

3/4 cup milk                                 (Same)
1 egg beaten                                (Same)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese   (Italian blend shredded cheese)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese    (plus 1/3 cup shredded Parm cheese)
1 cup pepperoni diced                     (Same)
                                                   (1 bag of precooked diced bacon ~6oz)
pizza sauce   
                              
my sauce  ( 6 oz can unsalted tomato sauce, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp dried parsley, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp garlic. Simmer while poppers are baking)

Grease a mini muffin pan and set your oven to preheat at 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients and then add the wet. Let the batter set for 10 minutes. Then drop batter into muffin tin.
Bake for 20 minutes, serve hot with dipping sauce and enjoy!