Monday, June 18, 2012

Here We Go

So, here we go. I have been asked by many of you to write a blog for some time now. This is me, biting the bullet/spatula so to speak.


I will be posting some of my favorite recipes, writing recipes and posting pictures.


This is a work in progress, so please bear with me as I embark on this journey.


One of my recent recipes is a family favorite. It is called Morning Kisses. It is a sweet delicate fluffy morning treat. I do not do these often, this keeps them special. I found this recipe over a year ago on www.justapinch.com , this is one of my favorite places to find recipes.


Morning Kisses


1 cup ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup flour, plus 2 TBSP
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP orange zest (or the zest of one orange)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp orange extract
oil
powdered sugar


In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta and eggs, mix well until smooth and creamy. Now add the extracts and mix, then add the dry ingredients. Mix well.


In a large shallow skillet add approximately 1/2 inch of oil. Allow it to get hot enough to cook the batter when dropped in but not smoking hot.


Now drop the mix by the spoonful into the oil. I swish the oil so it covers the top of the drop, allow the MK to become golden on the bottom and flip over. Cook until done. This takes about 4 minutes total time.


Do not add more than 6-8 drops in the skillet at a time so as not to crowd them and this will allow a better cooking time.


Drain the kisses onto a tray lined with paper towels.


Once they are done, sprinkle with powered sugar and enjoy!


Serve immediately




I hope your family enjoys these as much as we do.


Happy Cooking! 
~Spatulas On Parade~
Dawn