Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken

Let me say, I found a recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked delicious. Well, if you haven't noticed, I don't follow directions well and very rarely stick to recipes. I like to wing and will always add something.

So it is with this recipe. It was designed to be grilled, well, we were out of gas, charcoal and everyone was gone with the vehicles. So I improvised.

I added shredded carrot, pineapple juice and chunks to the recipe and cooked it in the marinade on the stove top low and slow. WOW, the result was a flavorful juicy chicken that my husband raved over!

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Hawaiian Chicken (my version)

3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cups soy sauce
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 green onions diced
1/2 tsp garlic
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup pineapple juice
3/4 cup pineapple chunks
3/4 cup shredded carrots

Mix the soy, water, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, pineapple juice and green onions, add the chicken and allow to sit for one hour to marinate. Place chicken and 1/2 the sauce in a large skillet with lid. Allow to slow cook on med./low for 25 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook another 20. Then add the carrots and pineapple. Serve with brown rice and a salad.


This recipe was featured on Foodie Friends Friday linky party August 31, 2012