Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

Some recipes are born out of necessity and others out of want. This one serves as both.

We love the breakfast casserole so much that we have it for breakfast, supper and at potlucks. Everyone is always excited to see it on the table.
You can do this many ways, as I have or stick with whatever version is your family's favorite.
I have seen several versions, this is how I fix it. 

Recently while visiting my parents I made this and my dad loved it so much that he requested it again two days later. Guess it was hit!

Breakfast Casserole

13 x 9 pan
spray with cooking spray
preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cut into squares after its done, should make 12 servings depending on how big of an eater you are feeding.

1 dozen eggs
1 lb sausage (I use turkey sausage)
1 small onion
1/2 bell pepper
2 green onions
2 cups shredded colby/cheddar blend 
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp paprika

I cook the sausage, onions and pepper in a large skillet until done. Then drain the oil off. In a large bowl mix the eggs, milk, and spices. Spoon the cooked meat/veggie mix into the pan and then pour the liquid mix over the meat. Top with the cheese.
Place into the oven until eggs are done and set. Depending on how deep your pan and how 'done' you want your eggs, the time varies from 30-45 minutes.

Sometimes I only use vegetables and at times I add small diced cooked potatoes to the mix. Frozen hash-browns will work just as well. You can use different types of cheese if you like. It's your dish, your house, do it your way.

Enjoy!



Recipe linked to:
Grab Your Button