Monday, June 25, 2012

Basic Brownie

I am a chocoholic and my family loves sweets as well. One evening after supper  I wanted something sweet but to be specific I wanted chocolate. Brownies of course would hit the spot. However, we did not have any. So into the kitchen I went.
Here is a basic brownie recipe that you can jazz up or fix as is. I rarely leave it as is.
I have been known to add coffee, nuts, marshmallows, chocolate chips, crushed Heath bar, crushed Oreo cookies, and many other things to my brownies, not all at once mind you. However, I do combine some of those items.


Basic Brownie 


13 x 9 pan
350 degree oven
35 minutes


1 cup butter, unsalted
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup nuts (optional for some a must for us)


Melt the butter, stir in the sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add the eggs one at a time and stir well. Add the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 13 x 9 pan and bake.


Top with syrup, ice cream, or enjoy them as they are.


In the picture below, these brownies had nuts and coffee in the mix.



No comments:

Post a Comment