Friday, June 22, 2012

3 more recipes

Wow, yesterday was a busy day. I tried another bread recipe and it was a flop, literal. The dough was runny, during the rising process it overflowed but I baked it anyway, just to see. It tasted good, but fell during the baking process so it was a short long loaf, hahaha. You just never know when you try a recipe what is going to happen, especially with bread.


I want to encourage you that if you had this happen, try again. Try a different recipe. I have baked hundreds of loaves of bread and not all turn out but the ones that do, oh man!


My husband was home from work with health related issues and feeling puny, that's what my grandmother would have said were she still alive. So for lunch I made our easy go to recipe. Chicken and noodles. Now this recipe is not healthy but it is quick, easy and affordable.


As well as the disaster bread I also made a new recipe called Sonoma Chicken Salad. Delicious! This was a recipe I found on Pinterest and it can be found at 


http://cookingclassy.blogspot.com/2012/05/sonoma-chicken-salad-sandwiches.html

Now I normally change a recipe when I make it, however, I did not feel this one needed changes. I did omit the mustard when they said was optional and I did not use salt or pepper.


To go along with the SCS I made a creamed cucumber salad that my wonderful friend Brandi has on her site. It can be found at:


http://www.thecountrycook.net/2011/08/cucumberstwo-ways.html

My easy go to recipe for chicken noodles:


Chicken Noodles
1 can of cooked chicken breast in broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 cans of water
1/2 bag of egg noodles.


Combine all into a large saucepan and allow to simmer until the noodles are done.
That's it! Even my kids can make it. Now I have made it with my own cooked chicken, added peas, carrots and even 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese before. The guys love it, it is fast and if we have to be somewhere or have been gone all day and nothing was defrosted for dinner, this is the go to meal. You can always add two cans of chicken and soup if you have more than four people to feed.




Here are photos of my version of each of the above mentioned recipes.


Chicken Noodles

My bread fail, looks like cake

creamed cucumbers

Here you see the Sonoma chicken salad on sweet bread with the creamed cucumbers.

SCS on a lettuce leaf with sliced tomatoes.

A close up of the SCS, very very good.



No comments:

Post a Comment